Tuckertown, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: July 22, 2015


Tuckertown, a farming community six miles southeast of Corsicana in the Powell oilfield in eastern Navarro County, was established in early July 1923. It flourished briefly during the peak years of the oil boom. In the mid-1930s Tuckertown had two stores and a number of scattered houses; its estimated population in 1940 was twenty. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s Tuckertown was no longer shown on highway maps.

 Corsicana Daily Sun, July 19, 1923.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Tuckertown, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/tuckertown-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
July 22, 2015

Loading