Tuna was six miles south of Cotulla on the International and Great Northern line in west central La Salle County. The community was founded sometime after 1880 as a stop on the International and Great Northern and in the 1930s had a railroad depot and a collection of houses. Tuna was shown on some maps of La Salle County as late as 1965.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
John Leffler, “Tuna, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 01, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/tuna-tx.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.