Udston, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: May 1, 1995


Udston was off Farm Road 229 ten miles northwest of Crockett in western Houston County. It was established in the late 1880s and acquired a post office in 1887 with L. W. Baker as postmaster. At its height around 1890 the settlement comprised a general store, two cotton gins, and a number of houses. The post office was closed in 1894, and by the mid-1930s the town no longer appeared on highway maps.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Udston, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/udston-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

May 1, 1995

Place
Udston
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Houston County
Associated Names

Camel

Pine Branch

Telegraph Mills

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.34583330°
  • Longitude: -95.63583330°