Ufnau, TX


By: Oscar Haas

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


Ufnau, a farming and stock-raising community twenty-one miles west of New Braunfels in western Comal County, was settled as early as 1858. In 1872 Ludwig Moegelin gave four acres of land to the Ufnau school community of twelve families. The school was consolidated with the Bulverde school in 1945.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Oscar Haas, “Ufnau, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 09, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/ufnau-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

Place
Ufnau
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Comal County
Associated Names

Anhalt