Union Hope Church, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: August 1, 1995

Updated: March 12, 2021


Union Hope Church is a rural church and school community in southeastern Anderson County eleven miles southeast of Palestine on Farm Road 1817. In the 1930s the site had a number of dwellings, a factory, a church, and a Black school. The school, which was part of the Day school district, served fifty-two pupils in 1932. A White school was located two miles to the west in the Days Chapel community. In 1985 Union Hope Church community still had a school, a church, and several scattered dwellings. Union Hope Cemetery was still shown on county maps in 2000.

Thomas Paul Jones, The Reorganization of the Public Schools of Anderson County, Texas (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1934).

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Union Hope Church, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/union-hope-church-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

August 1, 1995
March 12, 2021

Place
Union Hope Church
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1889604
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.67128540°
  • Longitude: -95.48106230°