Valley View, TX (DeWitt County)


By: Craig H. Roell

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Valley View is on Farm Road 766 near the Guadalupe River eight miles northwest of Cuero in north central DeWitt County. Valley View School, named for the view of the Guadalupe River valley, was organized in 1900 and operated until 1950. Church services and Sunday school were held in the school building until cars came into general use, and worshippers began traveling to Cuero. The 1965 county highway map indicates that the school building had become a community hall.

Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Craig H. Roell, “Valley View, TX (DeWitt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 24, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/valley-view-tx-dewitt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Valley View
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1377655
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • DeWitt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.18441650°
  • Longitude: -97.34610100°