Vann, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: August 1, 1995


Vann was a community just north of the Corsicana city limits in central Navarro County. The largely black community was first established sometime before 1900 as a stop on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway. In the mid-1930s Vann included a depot, several stores, and a number of houses. After World War II the area was annexed by Corsicana.

Categories:

  • Peoples
  • African Americans

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Vann, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/vann-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
August 1, 1995

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:

Loading