Varisco is a mile from Farm Road 50 on the Southern Pacific Railroad in western Brazos County. It was named for Biagio Varisco. In 1952 the site was the location of an airport. In 1986, however, the airport was gone and scattered dwellings remained.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Molly Kate McCaughey, “Varisco, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/varisco-tx.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.