Veach, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1995


Veach is on a country road just west of Farm Road 705 twenty-one miles south of San Augustine in southern San Augustine County. It was named for John A. Veach, an early settler, and received a post office in 1916. The post office was closed in the 1930s, and in 1940 Veach had twenty inhabitants, one business, and scattered dwellings. In the 1980s the community still had a number of dwellings.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Veach, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/veach-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1995

Place
Veach
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1383708
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Augustine County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.22157890°
  • Longitude: -94.17963980°
Population Counts
People Year
12 2009