View, TX (Comal County)


By: Oscar Haas

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


View, five miles northeast of New Braunfels in northeastern Comal County, was called Austin Hill when it was settled during the 1850s. The post office, established in 1892 and named View, was discontinued in 1904. The only community center in 1947 was the Watson School, named for J. D. Watson, who conveyed an acre of land for school purposes in 1888. This school has since been consolidated with others in the area to form the Goodwin School.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Oscar Haas, “View, TX (Comal County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/view-tx-comal-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
View
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Comal County
Associated Names

Austin Hill

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.76325500°
  • Longitude: -98.03087500°