Vista, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: August 1, 1995


Vista, in southwestern Hamilton County, was named for Mollie Vista Mason, wife of W. T. Mason, who had a store and gin in the settlement in 1882. A post office existed from 1904 to 1909. The town had one store, a church, and a population of thirty in 1940. In the late 1980s the community was on current maps, but no population figures were available.

Hamilton County Historical Commission, A History of Hamilton County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Vista, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/vista-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
August 1, 1995

Loading