Walling Bend, TX


By: Karen Yancy

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Walling Bend was at the junction of King Creek and the Brazos River in Bosque County. Lake Whitney has covered the site since 1951–52. Walling Bend was named after the families of John and Jesse Walling, who moved to the Brazos River valley in the late 1850s or early 1860s.

William C. Pool, Bosque Territory (Kyle, Texas: Chaparral, 1964).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Karen Yancy, “Walling Bend, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/walling-bend-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Place
Walling Bend
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bosque County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.91612600°
  • Longitude: -97.41587300°