Warren City, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: September 1, 1995


Warren City, on Farm Road 2275 in northwestern Gregg and southeastern Upshur counties, was founded and incorporated in 1952. It was named for the Warren Petroleum Corporation, which manufactures natural gas and is the town's main industry. The reported population was 167 in 1960 and 150 in 1970. Utilities are from neighboring Gladewater, except for the city-owned water system. In 1990 Warren City had a population of 250. The population reached 343 in 2000.

Eugene W. McWhorter, Traditions of the Land: The History of Gregg County (Longview, Texas: Gregg County Historical Foundation, 1989).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Warren City, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/warren-city-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
September 1, 1995

Place
Warren City
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2412183
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: Yes
Belongs to
  • Gregg County
  • Upshur County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.55300980°
  • Longitude: -94.90575200°
Population Counts
People Year
250 1990
343 2000
298 2010
280 2019