Warsaw, TX

By: Brian Hart

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Warsaw is on Farm Road 148 near Warsaw Creek seven miles southwest of Kaufman in southwestern Kaufman County. The site was settled before 1840 and called Warsaw Prairie. A post office operated in the settlement from 1847 through 1858. The community had a population of fifteen and two businesses in 1936. Afterward, however, Warsaw stabilized at about sixty residents; fifty-eight persons lived there in 1988 through 2000.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Brian Hart, “Warsaw, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed November 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/warsaw-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Loading