Wasson, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Wasson, a community in southern Yoakum and northern Gaines counties, was founded in 1937 at the discovery of oil. By 1939 the ranching and oilfield center reported fifteen businesses and a population of 250. The population was listed at fifty from 1941 to 1948, when population estimates were discontinued.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Wasson, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wasson-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Wasson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Yoakum County
Associated Names

Denver City