Watson, TX (Red River County)


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Watson was twenty-one miles northeast of Clarksville in northeastern Red River County. A post office was established there in 1884 with S. E. Watson as postmaster. In 1890 the community had a population of twenty-five and two years later a population of 100. The post office was discontinued in 1907, and by 1936 the community was no longer in existence.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Watson, TX (Red River County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/watson-tx-red-river-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Watson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Red River County
Associated Names

Pecan Point 1

Schraeder

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.72816490°
  • Longitude: -94.76021240°