Wattsville, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Wattsville was on Farm Road 514 seven miles northwest of Emory in northern Rains County. It was settled around the time of the Civil War. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a church, a store, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the store closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Wattsville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wattsville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

Loading