Weatherly, on Farm Road 2639 in central Hall County, was platted on July 11, 1927, with hopes to be a station on the branch line of the Fort Worth and Denver Railway from Estelline to Plainview. A celebration was held with a barbecue, music provided by the Estelline town band under the direction of Paul James, and the sale of several lots. But the railroad missed the townsite. For several years Weatherly remained a community center for a rich agricultural district with a gin, a store, a community church, and a school. A school district was established in 1917, but high school students attended school in Turkey, Texas. During the 1930s and 1940s Weatherly's population averaged around ten. Only a few scattered farms remained in the area by 1990. In 2000 the population was twenty.