Wesco, TX

By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Wesco is at the junction of Farm roads 1321 and 1474, two miles east of Lefors in central Gray County. Originally it was the location of a carbon black plant owned by the Western Carbon Company. Since the 1950s the community has declined with the carbon black industry and the growth of both Lefors and Pampa. The population was seven in 2000.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Wesco, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 27, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wesco-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Loading