West Hamilton, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


West Hamilton is two miles west of East Hamilton and nineteen miles southeast of Center in southeastern Shelby County. In 1946 West Hamilton was a rural school and church community. In 1988 the community still had a church, a cemetery, and widely scattered residences.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “West Hamilton, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/west-hamilton-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

Place
West Hamilton
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034812
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shelby County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.63962040°
  • Longitude: -93.92435620°