West Nona, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


West Nona was between Farm roads 1003 and 1293 thirty-three miles northwest of Beaumont in central Hardin County. The logging camp established there during the mid-1880s was named after the parent lumber company at Nona. Although virgin local timber was soon cut out, scattered residences in the nearby Honey Island community and a church still marked the old site in 1985.

Charlsie E. Berly, "Records of the Nona Mills Company, Inc. (1884–1968)," Texas Gulf Historical and Biographical Record 20 (1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “West Nona, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/west-nona-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

Place
West Nona
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Hardin County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.36625400°
  • Longitude: -94.41730500°