West Point, TX (Lynn County)


By: Donald R. Abbe

Type: General Entry

Published: July 1, 1995


West Point was on U.S. Highway 380 and Farm Road 179, two miles east of the Terry county line in far west central Lynn County. A school district for West Point existed as early as 1904. It had a cotton gin and a store-station combination in the 1940s and 1950s. By 1974 only the cotton gin remained in operation. West Point was still listed as a community in 1990.

Donald R. Abbe, The History of Lynn County (M.A. thesis, Texas Tech University, 1974).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Donald R. Abbe, “West Point, TX (Lynn County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/west-point-tx-lynn-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

July 1, 1995

Place
West Point
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380758
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Lynn County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.16675800°
  • Longitude: -102.04989030°