Chanslor Edmond Weymouth, West Texas rancher and businessman, was born on May 23, 1890, in Mansfield, Arkansas, the son of Chanslor and Dema Weymouth. He moved with his family to Cassville, Missouri, where he spent most of his youth before attending Westminster College in Fulton; later he attended the Colorado School of Mines in Golden. Weymouth moved to Amarillo in 1909 to work for the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway, eventually becoming director of that company. He also became director of the First National Bank of Fort Worth. On October 1, 1914, he married Fanny Fern Masterson, a daughter of cattleman Robert Benjamin Masterson. They moved onto her allotted portion of the Masterson properties in Potter and Moore counties on the north bank of the Canadian River in 1915. There they raised commercial Hereford cattle, which bore Masterson's old Long S brand. Later, the Weymouths moved back to Amarillo. They had two daughters. Weymouth was a founder of the Maverick Boys Club in Amarillo and also of Cal Farley's Boys Ranch, serving on its first board of directors. He served as president of the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association from 1946 to 1948 and was on the Secretary of Agriculture's Aftosa advisory committee. Weymouth was also noted for serving one of the longest terms on the board of directors of Texas Tech College from 1941 to 1953. In addition, he was a member of the Texas Tech Foundation from 1953 to 1956, serving as its chairman from 1955 to 1956. Weymouth Hall, a dormitory on the Tech campus, bears his name. Weymouth was a staunch promoter of the beef industry; he served as president of the Panhandle Livestock Association and chairman of the board for the Killgore Foundation. He was instrumental in establishing the Killgore Beef Center at the Texas Tech Research Center near the Pantex Plant in 1964. He also played a key role in establishing the American Beef Cattle Performance Registry Association, a forerunner to Performance Registry International. Weymouth died on December 10, 1979, and was interred in Amarillo's Llano Cemetery.