White City is at the intersection of several country roads two miles south of Farm Road 83 and twenty miles southwest of San Augustine in southwestern San Augustine County. The community originated as a lumber camp and station on the St. Louis Southwestern Railway and was granted a post office in 1910. By 1914 White City had a population of 300, a lumber company, a log scaling operation, and a general store. The population fell to forty by 1925, and the post office closed some time in the 1930s. In 1940 White City had thirty inhabitants, a church, one business, and scattered dwellings. It had a business and a number of dwellings in the 1980s and a population of twenty in 1990. The population remained the same in 2000.