White (Whites, White's) Creek rises five miles northeast of Childress in central Childress County (at 34°28' N, 100°10' W) and runs north-northeast for seven miles before joining the Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River six miles northwest of Garden Valley (at 34°33' N, 100°07' W). White Springs on the creek was an early Indian camping area. The Shoe Nail Ranch headquarters was established nearby about 1900. Irrigation pumping caused the springs to dry up in the late 1920s. The creek's drainage area is steep to gently rolling, semiarid country, with mostly sandy soils that support cacti, sparse grass, and scrub juniper.