White Hall, TX (Bell County)


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


White Hall is on Farm Road 2409 nine miles northwest of Temple in northwestern Bell County. It was settled sometime before 1856, when a Masonic lodge was organized in the community. White Hall School had twenty-three pupils in 1903. By 1933 it had twenty-five people and five businesses. The extended farming community had thirty-two families, a gas station, a store, a gin, a Methodist Church, and a Church of Christ in 1946 and was a mixture of Anglo and German American farmers. In 1964 through 2000 White Hall had a population of forty-five.

Oscar Lewis, On the Edge of the Black Waxy: A Cultural Survey of Bell County (Washington University Studies, St. Louis, 1948). George Tyler, History of Bell County (San Antonio: Naylor, 1936).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “White Hall, TX (Bell County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 23, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/white-hall-tx-bell-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

Place
White Hall
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1371372
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bell County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.21934090°
  • Longitude: -97.42973240°
Population Counts
People Year
262 2009