White Rock, TX (Red River County)

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


White Rock, at the junction of Farm roads 1158 and 1699, eight miles northeast of Clarksville in northern Red River County, was settled as early as 1823, when John Stiles crossed the Red River to settle at a spot identified by a white rock. The population was twenty-five in 1910. From 1940 through 1986 the estimated population was reported as forty. In 1990 it was eighty-five. The population remained the same in 2000.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “White Rock, TX (Red River County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/white-rock-tx-red-river-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

Loading