White Star was located in northwest Motley County on Farm Road 2009 six miles southeast of the site of present Flomot. In the 1880s the area was known as Hide Bug Junction, where several dipping pens intersected a north-south cattle trail. In 1891 a rural school was established at White Star, although settlers commonly referred to it as Hide Bug. The small settlement remained a cow camp in the early 1900s and grew to include a gin and a store in the 1930s. A population of ten, one store, and the school were reported for White Star in 1940. The community (erroneously called Whitestone) was on 1980 county maps, though no businesses were evident.