White Stone is on Spanish Oak Creek at the intersection of State Highway 183 and Farm Road 1431, in southwest Williamson County. It was a small farming and ranching community in the early twentieth century and was named for the white stone quarries in the area. At different times it had a church, a school, and several businesses. White Stone School was built in 1923 and was consolidated with Leander in 1954. In 1964 White Stone had a filling station and a small store. By 1988 the settlement was part of the series of residential communities stretching north from Austin.