White's Grove, TX


By: Lisa C. Maxwell

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1995


White's Grove, a school community, was located in central Collin County just west of the present city limits of McKinney and north of Farm Road 720. White's Grove School opened by 1880 and was still operating after the turn of the century, but soon afterward it ceased to exist. The school apparently was the only community institution.

Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Lisa C. Maxwell, “White's Grove, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/whites-grove-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1995

Place
White's Grove
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Collin County