Whitesville was a rural community eight miles northeast of Lovelady in southern Houston County. It was established in the mid-1890s, and a post office operated there from 1902 to 1906. At its height around 1900 the small settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it no longer appeared on highway maps. No population estimates were available.