The Wichita Falls and Oklahoma Railway Company was chartered on October 23, 1903, to build a road twenty miles from Wichita Falls to a point in the northwest corner of Clay County on the south bank of the Red River, near the mouth of Cache Creek. The company had a capital of $50,000, and the business office was located at Wichita Falls. Members of the first board of directors included Joseph Alexander Kemp, Robert E. Huff, A. Newby, O. J. Kendall, O. T. Bacon, G. B. Stone, Frank Aris, William McGregor, and H. M. Durrett, all from Wichita Falls. The Wichita Falls and Oklahoma was the first of a group of feeders that the Colorado and Southern built for the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway. Twenty-two miles of track was built from Wichita Falls to Byers, Texas, and placed in service on June 24, 1904. The road received $28,000 in bonuses, of which the Byers family, for whom the Texas terminal was named, gave $15,000. Construction began in June 1922 on an extension from Byers to a connection with the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific at Waurika, Oklahoma. This extension, built under the charter of the Wichita Falls and Oklahoma Railroad of Oklahoma, was placed in operation March 1, 1923. Both the Texas and the Oklahoma companies were operated by the Wichita Valley Railway under lease. The entire line was abandoned on October 19, 1942, and the track removed the following year.