The Wichita Falls, Ranger and Fort Worth Railroad Company was chartered on September 26, 1919, to build from Dublin to Breckenridge, sixty-seven miles. The capital was $120,000, and the business office was located at Wichita Falls. Members of the first board of directors included Joseph H. Barwise, Jr., of Fort Worth; A. R. McLennan of Ranger; Edwin E. Hobby and Wiley Blair of Dallas; Jake L. Hamon and Frank L. Ketch of Ardmore, Oklahoma; and Frank Kell, Joseph A. Kemp, and Joe J. Perkins of Wichita Falls. Hamon was one of the chief promoters of this line, which was constructed during the height of the Ranger oil boom. The road was completed between Dublin and Breckenridge in 1920 and in 1921 extended nine miles to Jimkurn, where connection was made with the Wichita Falls and Southern Railroad. This completed a through route between Dublin and Wichita Falls. Between June 1921 and March 1922 the company operated the Eastland, Wichita Falls and Gulf Railroad. However, in December 1921 the Wichita Falls, Ranger and Fort Worth went into receivership, which lasted until March 1926. The following year the stock of the company was acquired by the WF&S, which leased the line for operation. In 1926 the company owned seven locomotives, twenty freight cars, three passenger cars, and four company cars and earned $4,699 in passenger revenue, $444,397 in freight revenue, and $6,940 in other revenue. On December 31, 1940, the company was merged into the WF&S. With the abandonment of the WF&S in 1954, a few miles of the former Wichita Falls, Ranger and Fort Worth between Jimkurn and a point just south of Breckenridge was acquired by the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific. This remnant was abandoned in 1969.