Wiggins, TX (Houston County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Wiggins, six miles northwest of Ash in western Houston County, was established in the late 1890s. A post office operated there from May 1900 to March 1901. At its height just after the turn of the century, the settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s, however, Wiggins no longer appeared on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Wiggins, TX (Houston County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wiggins-tx-houston-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Loading