Wilda, TX


By: D. R. Taylor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: October 1, 1995


Wilda, in northwestern Shelby County six miles from Timpson, was named for the sweetheart of an employee of the Ragley Lumber Company, which once ran a road through the area. In 1946 it was a church and school community, and by 1988 it no longer existed as a named community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

D. R. Taylor, “Wilda, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wilda-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
October 1, 1995

Place
Wilda
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shelby County