Wildcat, TX (Henderson County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: September 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Wildcat was fourteen miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County. A post office opened in 1885, and by 1896 the settlement had a general store, a church, and a number of houses. The community began to decline after 1900; the post office closed in 1905, and by the mid-1930s Wildcat no longer appeared on maps. In early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Wildcat, TX (Henderson County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wildcat-tx-henderson-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

September 1, 1995

Loading