Willow Springs is off Farm Road 3274 four miles south of Emory in southern Rains County. It was first settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of ninety-three. In the mid-1930s the settlement had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. After World War II the school closed, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few houses remained. In 1990 the reported population was fifty. The population remained the same in 2000.