Willow Springs, TX (San Jacinto County)


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Willow Springs is on Farm Road 946 seventy miles north of Houston in central San Jacinto County. The first recorded settler was named Rush, who came around 1870. J. J. Johnson built the first store at Willow Springs in 1925. Only a few structures, including the Willow Springs lookout tower, remain at this isolated settlement.

Ruth Hansbro, History of San Jacinto County (M.A. thesis, Sam Houston State Teachers College, 1940).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Willow Springs, TX (San Jacinto County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/willow-springs-tx-san-jacinto-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Willow Springs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380939
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Jacinto County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.66463950°
  • Longitude: -95.22299490°