Willow Springs, TX (Van Zandt County)


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: October 1, 1995


Willow Springs is a rural community in central Van Zandt County four miles north of Canton and just west of State Highway 19. It had a school with an enrollment of ninety-five in 1904. In 1936 Willow Springs had a church, a school, and scattered dwellings. The school was consolidated with the Edgewood Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1987 Willow Springs had a church and one business, but population figures were unavailable.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Willow Springs, TX (Van Zandt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/willow-springs-tx-van-zandt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

October 1, 1995

Place
Willow Springs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1350222
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.61929930°
  • Longitude: -95.85802140°