Wilson, TX (Collin County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: October 1, 1995


Wilson was a rural community near the site of present Princeton in east central Collin County. It was named for George A. and T. B. Wilson, who were landowners in the area. Settlement occurred sometime in the late 1880s. Wilson most likely served as a church and school community until the early twentieth century. No population statistics were available for the town.

Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Wilson, TX (Collin County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wilson-tx-collin-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
October 1, 1995

Place
Wilson
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1371709
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Collin County
Associated Names

's Switch

Princeton

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.28233660°
  • Longitude: -96.62693580°