Wolf Valley, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1995


Wolf Valley is on U.S. Highway 183 twenty-four miles northeast of Brownwood and two miles from the Comanche county line in northeastern Brown County. The community was settled in the early 1880s, and the first grave in Wolf Valley dates to 1882. The town had a school by 1914, which was consolidated with the May school by 1929. In 1940 Wolf Valley had a church, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings. The town looked much the same in the 1960s, and the church and cemetery were still standing in the 1980s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Wolf Valley, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/wolf-valley-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1995

Place
Wolf Valley
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1350487
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Brown County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.02625510°
  • Longitude: -98.93394610°