Woodal, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Woodal was six miles southwest of Rusk and near Farm Road 1857 in west central Cherokee County. The site was probably first settled soon after the Civil War. In the 1930s Woodal had a church, a school, a sawmill, and a number of houses. After World War II most of the residents moved out of the area, and in 1990 only a few scattered houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Woodal, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/woodal-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Loading