Woodard, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: October 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Woodard, a rural community eighteen miles southeast of Paris off Farm Road 1503 in southeastern Lamar County, was first settled before 1900. A school was in operation by 1906, when it had an enrollment of twenty-four. During the mid-1930s the community had a school and a number of houses; several stores were also located in the area. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a cemetery and few scattered dwellings remained. No population estimates were available.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Woodard, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/woodard-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

October 1, 1995

Loading