Yale, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Yale was near Hopewell in southern Franklin County. A post office was established there in 1897, with William A. Lottman as postmaster, and closed in 1906. In 1939 the community had one rated business and an estimated population of twenty. By 1985 Yale had ceased to exist as a named community.

Billy Hicks and Doris Meek, comps., Historical Records of Franklin County, Texas (Mount Vernon, Texas: Franklin County Historical Survey Committee, 1972). Wright Patman, History of Post Offices-First Congressional District of Texas (Texarkana, Texas, 1946?).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Yale, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed August 12, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/yale-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Place
Yale
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Franklin County
Associated Names

Hopewell