YE Mesa

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: August 10, 2020


YE Mesa is twelve miles northwest of the Persimmon Gap Ranger Station and nine miles west of U.S. Highway 385 in central Brewster County (at 29°47' N, 103°20' W). At its highest point the mesa's elevation is 5,385 feet above sea level, 2,065 feet higher than the LWB Ranch, 1½ miles north. The shallow, stony soils support scrub brush and grasses. The mesa was named for the YE cattle brand used by Clyde and L. F. Buttrill, who ranched in the area in the late nineteenth century.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “YE Mesa,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 26, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/ye-mesa.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
August 10, 2020

Loading