Yegua, TX

By: Carole E. Christian

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Yegua, on Yegua Creek in northern Washington County, was granted a post office in January 1859, which closed in June 1867. This settlement subsequently disappeared and left no trace.

Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Carole E. Christian, “Yegua, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/yegua-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Loading