Yesner, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: October 1, 1995


Yesner was a farming community in south central Hopkins County four miles northwest of Reilly Springs and a half mile east of the Union church. It was named for Max Yesner, a Sulphur Springs businessman. A post office operated from 1901 until 1906; Charles J. Hamrick was the first postmaster and suggested the name. At its height around 1900 Yesner had several stores and a gin. By the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.

Florene Chapman Adams, Hopkins County and Our Heritage (Sulphur Springs, Texas: 197-?).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Yesner, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/yesner-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
October 1, 1995

Loading