Youngblood, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: October 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Youngblood, a rural community eight miles northwest of Carthage on Farm Road 124 in western Panola County, was settled after the Civil War. A school was in operation by the 1890s; in 1897 it had an enrollment of twenty-seven. In the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a cemetery, a school, and a number of houses. In the 1940s the school was consolidated with the Carthage school, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few scattered dwellings remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Youngblood, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/youngblood-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

October 1, 1995

Loading