Zack, TX


By: Richard Brown

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Zack, twelve miles northeast of Bryan in Brazos County, was started on March 29, 1904, when Zachariah R. Guess opened a Zack post office in his general store. In 1906 Guess sold his store to Cyrus Koontz, who owned the land on which the store stood. Koontz operated the store until 1932, when it was closed and boarded up. A few years later the building was dismantled. The population of the community was estimated at twenty-five from 1925 through 1950. Maps of 1948 indicate a school and widely dispersed rural dwellings on the site. The community did not appear on 1988 highway maps.

Glenna Fourman Brundidge, Brazos County History: Rich Past-Bright Future (Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Richard Brown, “Zack, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/zack-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Zack
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Brazos County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.86277400°
  • Longitude: -96.28184000°