SAN FRANCISCO DE VALERO PUEBLO
SAN FRANCISCO DE VALERO PUEBLO. San Francisco de Valero, an Indian pueblo around San Francisco de los Tejas Mission, was organized by Martín de Alarcón on October 14, 1718. The pueblo was abandoned when the Spanish withdrew from East Texas in 1719 but was reestablished in 1721 by the Marqués de Aguayo.
Carlos E. Castañeda, Our Catholic Heritage in Texas (7 vols., Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1936–58; rpt., New York: Arno, 1976). Frederick Webb Hodge, ed., Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico (2 vols., Washington: GPO, 1907, 1910; rpt., New York: Pageant, 1959). Elizabeth Howard West, trans., "Bonilla's Brief Compendium of the History of Texas, 1772," Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association 8 (July 1904).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Winifred W. Vigness, "SAN FRANCISCO DE VALERO PUEBLO," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bps05), accessed October 13, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.